The Formation of the MK Dons Supporters Association
On the 23rd October 2003, thirty fans met at the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes to establish a new supporters association following the arrival of Wimbledon FC (now renamed Milton Keynes Dons FC) from it's former home at Selhurst Park, South London. Of those present, several volunteered to undertake officer roles for the association as part of a steering committee for its formation stages. In May 2004 the association held it's first Annual General Meeting where an elected committee was formed. All committee members work voluntarily for the association and although we are an independent group, we have a regular interface with MK Dons (the football club) and Inter MK Group (the football club's parent company). We have also established constructive links with the following organisations:
- The local press and media
- The national press and media
- The local authority
- Our local MP's
- A wide range of community organisations
- Thames Valley Police
- National Association of Disabled Supporters
- Supporters Direct
- The Football Supporters Federation
- The Football League
- The Football Association
Our members are primarily from Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Buckingham, Bedford and South London. However we have members all over the United Kingdom, branches in Eastern Europe and the Republic of Ireland and members throughout Europe, North America and Australasia.
- To act as an independant voice for MK Dons supporters, representing their views to the club and associated organisations.
- Promote Milton Keynes Dons FC within the community to increase levels of support.
- Expand the membership of the MKDSA from all sections of the community.
- Establish and maintain high quality services, communications and benefits for MKDSA members.
- Campaign on behalf of MKDSA members.